- Make: Chevrolet
- Model: M-Byte Concept SUV
- First available: January 2020
- Electric/Hybrid: Electric
- Seats: 5
- Range: 248.5 miles 400 km
Price: $45,000Price: €37'500Price: £34'000
Range & Battery
- Battery model: Lithium
- Battery capacity: 4-wheel-drive dual motor 350 kW power-train
- Battery Power: 90 kWh
- Battery Range: Between 350 km – 500km
- Electric drive unit: Single RWD 200 kW motor
- Type of charger: DC Fast Charging
- Fast charge time: 80% = 30 minutes, 76 miles (120 km) of battery range in just 10 minutes of charging
- Full charge time: TBC
Innovation & Self-driving
- BYTON Intuitive Access: a different method of unlocking the car. Face recognition cameras recognize the driver or passenger to unlock the door. BYTON also recognizes driver and passenger information to auto-adjust seat angles, entertainment options and other information according to user preferences and usage.
- User profiles auto-enabled for every BYTON. No matter which BYTON the driver sits in, his or her profile can be downloaded from the cloud to the car, making the customer feel as if every BYTON is his/her own car.
- BYTON Air Touch for advanced gesture control. This feature allows for display control via easy hand gestures at any position within the car. For example, users can caption a location with a grabbing motion in the air, and then put it into the maps function in the middle of the display to start the navigation.
- The Driver Tablet allows the driver to control the Shared Experience Display, navigation, seat adjustment and other functions. The sides of the tablet integrate few physical buttons in the car such as the volume control. In collaboration with Amazon, BYTON has also integrated Alexa Voice into its in-car voice control system.
- Four BYTON Life features on display at CES include my HEALTH, my COMMUNICATION, my ENTERTAINMENT and my ACTIVITIES. Built-in hardware synchronizes with the user’s other devices, enabling BYTON to track the user’s health status, including weight, heart rate, blood pressure; and synchronizes user’s data to give fitness advice.
- BYTON Concept supports video and telephone conference capability, enabling users to work productively while commuting, or connect with family and friends.
- Seamless switch from the outside to the inside the car. BYTON Life enables music, video and other content played on one’s smartphone to continue to play in the car displays, from the time when the user has just entered the vehicle.
- Advanced AI and machine learning capabilities analyze a user’s calendar, locations, hobbies and application data to provide customized advice on what to do next, making BYTON smarter with every interaction.
- BYTON’s interconnected hardware prepares for 5G communications. The hidden antenna on the roof allows data transfer rates up to 10 Gbit/second which is hundreds of times the normal average bandwidth.
- Data security built into all features and services. BYTON has established a dedicated independent Security Lab to ensure data security whether connected to the cloud or within the vehicle. BYTON Smart Gateway with machine learning ability is an additional core technology, enabling BYTON to track the security status of the vehicle in real time, detect potential failures and threats and take auto-countermeasures.
Please also read our published Electric Car reviews of other makes and models.