- Make: Chevrolet
- Model: EP9
- First available: February 2017
- Electric/Hybrid: Electric
- Seats: 2
- Acceleration to 100km/h (60mph): 2.7s
- Range: 265 miles 427 km
Range & Battery
- Battery model: Lithium ION
- Battery Capacity: 90 kWh
- Battery Power: full electric powertrain at 777V
- Battery Range: 427 kilometers range
- Electric drive unit: all-wheel drive total power output of 1,341 hp
- Charging: 80% charge in 45 minutes
- Battery Change: a change time of 8 minutes
Innovation & Self-driving
This is one of the few hypercars that can operate independently. The EP9 set an autonomous record at the Circuit of the Americas. It hit speeds of 160mph on its way to a laptime of 2m40.33s, compared to 2m11.3s when a human took the wheel.
The EP9 comes with a digital experience in-tune with the user, powered by wearable technology. Interfaces respond to the intensity of the drive, instinctively simplifying and clarifying information. There are four screens: one on the driver’s side of the dashboard, one on the passenger’s side of the dashboard, one on the center console, and one on the steering wheel.
- Dashboard screens – Both screens display performance data, but differ in function. The passenger-side screen displays only four measurements: the car’s top speed, lap time, and lateral G-forces, and the driver’s heart rate.
- Center console screen – Displays performance data, lap times, and a track map with the car’s current position.
- Steering wheel screen – The steering wheel is a simplified version of NextEV’s Formula E racing wheel, and is built by the same company.
Please also read our published Electric Car reviews of other makes and models.