- Model: ES8
- First available: December 2017
- Electric/Hybrid: Electric
- Seats: 7
- Acceleration to 100km/h (60mph): 4.4s
- Range: 220 miles 354 km
Price: $68,000Price: €55'000Price: £48'000
Range & Battery
- Battery model: Lithium Ion
- Battery capacity: 70 kWh
- Battery Range: 355 km (220 miles) of NEDC range or 500 km (310 miles) at 60 km/h (37 mph
- Electric drive unit: two 240 kW motors (480 kW total) for all-wheel drive
- Type of charger: LV2 7. kWh or 11 kWh
- Fast charge time: +100 km/62 miles in 10 minutes
- Full charge time: NIO Power three-minute battery-swapping solution
Innovation & Self-driving
NIO launches NIO Pilot, its comprehensive advanced driver assistance system. NIO PILOT is enabled by 23 sensors, including a trifocal front-facing camera, four surround exterior cameras, five millimeter-wave radars, 12 ultrasonic sensors and a driver monitor camera. The ES8 is the world’s first vehicle to come equipped with the Mobileye EyeQ4, which has a computation capacity nine-times more powerful than its predecessors. NIO PILOT’s software and hardware suite enables subscribers to enjoy upgraded services through FOTA updates.
The ES8’s 3,010mm wheelbase is the longest in its class. It has 3 rows, and 7 seats that are configurable. The ES8 provides a completely new in-car experience with its Lounge Seat, Child-care Mode and other innovative features. The NAPPA Leather interior, PM 2.5 air purifier and premium sound system create a joyful driving experience.
NIO also introduces NOMI, the world’s first in-car AI system. Powered by both in-car and cloud computation, NOMI interacts with people sitting in the vehicle and its emotion engine gives users a friend on the road. NOMI combines the ES8’s intelligence and car connectivity functionalities to turn the ES8 into a fun, expressive, and intuitive companion that can listen, talk, and help drivers along the way.